Last Updated: March 7, 2019
On This Page
Foxwoods Pai Gow Poker House Way
- No Pair: Place the second and third highest cards in front.
- One Pair: Pair in back, highest two other cards in front.
- Two Pair:
Big Pair is Aces, Kings, Queens, Jacks: Place small pair in front.
Big Pair is 10s, 9s, 8s, 7s: Place both pair in back if you can: Put an Ace in front, otherwise split.
Big Pair is 6s, 5s, 4s, 3s: Place both pair in back if you can: place a King or higher in front: otherwise split.
- Three Pair: Place high pair in front.
- Three of a Kind:
Aces: Place an Ace and the next highest card in front.
Kings and below: Place three of a kind in back, two highest cards in front.
- Two Sets: Place pair from higher set in front.
- Straight, Flush, Straight Flush:
With No Pair: Place the two highest cards in front that will leave any complete hand in back.
With One Pair: Place highest possible two cards (pair or no pair) in front that will leave any complete hand in back.
Exception: With an Ace and a pair of Kings, Queens, Jacks or 10s, play the Ace in front and pair in back if front hand can be improved.
With Two Pair: Play according to two-pair strategy.
With Three of a Kind: Place complete hand in back, pair in front.
- Full House: Put highest permissible pair in front.
- Four of a Kind:
Aces, Kings, Queens, Jacks: Always split.
10s, 9s, 8s, 7s: Play four of a kind in back if you can; put at least a King up front; otherwise split.
6s and below: never split.
Four of a Kind with a Pair (or Three of a Kind): Play the pair in front.
- Five Aces: Place pair of Aces in front, unless a pair of Kings can be played in front.
Written by:Michael Shackleford